Skip to main content

Howth, Chinese New Year, Blackbird

Dublin has been keeping up with this sunny weather streak.  From my apartment window I could almost feel like I'm in California, but the moment I am outside, I feel the difference in temperature.

We spent Saturday in Howth, but we weren't too impressed.  It felt like an amusement park with how many people were on the cliff walk.  But at least lunch made it worth the DART trip.
Howth Cliff Walk

Howth Cliff Walk

Howth Harbor

Craft Beers At Brass Monkey

Seafood Chowder at Brass Monkey

Oysters And Smoked Salmon at Brass Monkey

Sticky Toffee Pudding AT Brass Monkey
Overall the chowder was lovely and the oysters were very tasty.  The salmon was good, but the sticky toffee was burnt.  Toffee can be difficult to get right, and if not careful, it can come off as too bitter.

On Sunday we stopped by the Custom House Quay to see the Chinese New Year Festival.  The festival was well attended and reminded me of when I was little and would go to Syracuse University for Chinese New Year since the majority of Chinese living in Syracuse were students.  CHQ is a nice space with a number of cafes and open space for relaxing.  I can see visiting again.
CHQ From Outside

Chinese New Year Festival At CHQ

CHQ Interior

Chinese New Year Festival At CHQ
Lanterns Outside CHQ
The rest of Sunday was spent walking around, grabbing a drink at Blackbird in Rathmines, and checking out Italian style pizza. 
Blackbird 
Blackbird
Dublin Pizza Company