I feel like a lot has happened in the last week. I went through a roller-coaster of emotions, but a much needed trip to Vienna and Bratislava during the weekend helped tremendously to ground me.
Vienna is a delightful Austrian city. In the past we've only ever been to Salzburg in Austria, and the two cities couldn't be more different from each other. The historic center of Salzburg is absolutely gorgeous and feels very medieval with the castle watching over the city. Vienna on the other hand is grand, it is everything you would expect from the seat of the Hapsburg empire. Massive structures, elegance and decadence, and history. Mr. D. and I felt right at home in the small city center.
 |
| Cafe Central In Vienna |
The highlight for me was visiting the Freud museum. I've been fascinated with Freud ever since I was in school. He's the biggest influence on my decision to study psychology in university.
 |
| Freud Museum In Vienna |
Bratislava was a last minute decision, we realized the Slovakian capital was only an hour away from Vienna, so we went for it. What a surprise! The capital is one of the smallest in Europe, so it was very walk-able and enjoyable for a day trip. What we really enjoyed was how friendly the people we encountered were. Folks would go out of their way to be kind and considering it was once part of Czechoslovakia, the attitude of the people there were completely different from what we encountered during our two trips to Prague. It remind us more of the friendliness of the people we encountered in Budapest. Anyway, next time I'd love to explore more of Slovakia. Plus food was really good and really cheap. Now that we are back in Dublin, we almost cry over the fact that a similar meal in Dublin costs 3x as much as Bratislava and 2x as much as Vienna.
 |
| Puerstner In Vienna |
 |
| Bratislava Flag Ship Restaurant |